HOW TO JOIN:
While you can keep the List on a notepad, the best way is to use a scrobbler.*
Here are instructions for using the scrobbler from Last.fm:
- You’ll need to sign up for an account on Last.fm, of course.
- Next, find a way to scrobble your preferred music player (see below).
- Every night, record the list of songs you listened to on a blog (Tumblr works) for safekeeping.
- iTunes: http://www.last.fm/download has a automatic scrobbler that you can install. It will automatically take your iTunes music and start listing it on Last.FM
- Pandora: You can use http://www.lastpandora.com/
- iPod: Make sure to sync your iPod/iPhone with your computer, and iTunes will scrobble using the scrobbler above. Remember to be diligent about keeping track every night! The Game doesn’t work if you forget.
- Spotify: Spotify has a built-in login for Last.fm
- Grooveshark: http://www.last.fm/group/Groovin%27+Greasy+Scrobbler
- Other services (Google Music, Youtube): Google “[service] scrobbling”. You’ll most likely find something. If you don’t, feel free to tag me here.
- If you can’t scrobble the song automatically, there’s an easy to use manual scrobbler at http://universalscrobbler.invitationstation.org/
- If you’re not near a computer, write it down on a personal notebook.
*(A scrobbler keeps a list of all the music you’ve played.)